Monday, March 03, 2014

A Not so Jazzy Muse

Java Jazz Festival has always been a treat!

Been going since 2006... Dulu masih sepiii, di JCC, ga se-semrawut sekarang hahaha
Not a really fan of the hustlin bustlin and making my way through people :p

Can't really remember when exactly I started liking jazz
My Dad and Mom are two people who can't live without them
I sometimes ecall hearing old songs, knowing the music, tapi ga inget lirik atau judulnya

And Dad has always been a great Jarreau-Benson devotee, so mungkin nangkep2 dikit dari situ ya

First jazz album was Incognito's Positivity, lungsuran almarhum abang
Swear to God, SETIAP PAGI di mobil sepanjang perjalanan ke sekolah (itu kelas berapa yah? SD sih seinget gw, kelas 3/4 kali ya) I would put that cassette in my Walkman (lungsuran dari manusia yang sama btw... Bahahahaha!), pump the volume so loud, I block everything our terus NYANYI teriak2 berusaha nyamain suaranya Maysa, THE Diva :p
Kasian bokap gw aja sih... Bertahun-tahun setiap pagi nganter ke sekolah begitu

Kayaknya sejak itu deh I realy fell in love
The form, the melody, the improv, how free-flow it is

You can literally jump to another song in the middle of a song and back again, and everything will sound absolutely BEAUTIFUL
And the scat!!! Oh how I love scat singing! They're just awesome
Have NO IDEA how to do it, but absolutely ADORE it :D

I think we need to appreciate art a little more, apalagi di Indonesia sama musisi lokalnya
Karena kayaknya (menurut pribadi saya yah) cuma itu yang akhirnya memisahkan kita sama mesin
The ability to create and appreciate art
*memeluk otak sendiri*

We need to explore more of our brain!! Bet there're TONS of crazy secrets hidden in there, you amazing gray matter you!

I'm sorry for not writing anything too insightful today
Tenaga habis Ciledug-Polumas-Ciledug *tewas*

Hey, a girl gotta make a living ;)

See y'all! *smooch*

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you think this entry is useful or even a tad entertaining and considering to give feedback to me, the Author, please leave your name or any form of identification and do let me know whatever's on your mind ;)

Thanks A Lunch!